Transgender Advocacy Council’s (TAC) Emergency Fund will provide emergency assistance to transgender and non-binary individuals in need of essential supporting services. All applicants will undergo a review process to determine the severity of their need. Microgrants include the services below:
- HRT/Labs/Prescriptions/Copayments cost. If seeking assistance towards hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or another prescription medication, you must already be taking the medicine and have a valid prescription refill.
Note that if you receive your gender affirming healthcare through Equitas, you should not need to pay out of pocket for these services.
- Uber/LYFT for medical appointments, Metro/TANK bus pass for work .
- Utility/Phone payment assistance (gas/electric/water utility bill, phone bill final notice required).
TAC reserves all rights to approve or deny for any reason. Applications are reviewed on a rolling, first-come, first-serve basis. Once your application is reviewed, we will notify you as soon as possible. You will receive an email from our team within 7 days of your application. We are deeply appreciative of your patience.
TAC does not discriminate on basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Services can only be provided as long as Emergency Funds exist.
We have very few requirements for applicants in an effort to be as inclusive as possible.
- You identify as transgender (FTM, MTF, non-binary, genderqueer, and all other non-cis identities).
- You live in Southwest Ohio, Northern Kentucky or SouthEast Indiana.
- You have financial hardship that makes affording your short-term expenses extremely challenging or impossible.
- Photo ID (does not have to match your preferred name).
Review and Apply
- Funding is not guaranteed.
- If you are awarded funding, you’ll be notified via email from email@example.com. All funding requests will be reviewed and considered on a case-by-case basis beginning <insert date here>. Funds can be awarded via PayPal, Cash App, or Venmo for secure, immediate support.
- If additional information is required, a Transgender Advocacy Council volunteer staff member will contact you via email or the phone number you provided.
- For your own security and privacy, please do not send us banking information. In unloaded documents/images, you may blur or hide this sensitive information. TAC will never ask you for your account number, routing number, social security number, etc. We only need your PayPal, Cash App, or Venmo username.